Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a DFT library ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey all

what is dft library?

thanks

Re: what is dft library?

hi,

releted to signal processing or what you want:idea:

thanx.....

You didn't say where you saw the term, so it could mean several different things.

In electronics, DFT often refers to "design for testability". It is the process of designing a circuit so it is easily tested after it is constructed. A DFT library may be a collection of component footprints for a printed circuit board that is designed for ease of testing using automated test equipment.

dft library contains the special cells for back-end use. such as scan style's flip-flop.

House_Cat said:
You didn't say where you saw the term, so it could mean several different things.

In electronics, DFT often refers to "design for testability". It is the process of designing a circuit so it is easily tested after it is constructed. A DFT library may be a collection of component footprints for a printed circuit board that is designed for ease of testing using automated test equipment.

sorry
what i mean DFT refers to "design for testability"

and i know DFT library contains many cell model and mapping descriptions ,just as what richardhuang have released.

and my puzzle lies in that where can i obtain the DFT library? from the foundary or the user's self-definition? does it relevant to the synthesis library?

thanks all

drizzle

DFT Library should be available from the foundry. It is relevent to the synthesis library used as you need the get the DFT models for the cells which are present in your synthesis library.

User can also define the DFT library but he will have code DFT models for lot of cells and Might not be reliable because of lack of understanding / erroneous module implementation.

Can someone more elaborate on DFT library?? I am the new in this area and dont know much about it......

DFT Library contains all types of Scan cells that are required while doing physical design. The cells include scan flops, LSSD cells & etc.. These cells are provided by Library Design team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back