Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what if the Rout is negative when matching the LNA's output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelican

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sorry to bother, i'm a newbie in this field.

I'm trying to match the output end of a 2.5GHz LNA, but when i calculate the Rout to determine what kind of match structure to use, i find the output R is -0.504-i0.057 ...! the chip i'm using is ATF34143. what should i do then:?:

regards!

Re: what if the Rout is negative when matching the LNA's out

Hi

It is impossible to match positive 50Ohm and negative resistance (with out loss of gain). You need modify lna circuit. (Optimize source feedback for ex..)

Regards

pelican said:
sorry to bother, i'm a newbie in this field.

I'm trying to match the output end of a 2.5GHz LNA, but when i calculate the Rout to determine what kind of match structure to use, i find the output R is -0.504-i0.057 ...! the chip i'm using is ATF34143. what should i do then:?:

regards!
With -ve resistant, u'll probably get oscillations at the input. Like what Grig said, add some feedback.

Hi

Another words: You can control output Re(Z) using feedback
make it pos or neg (if you want)

this is true for any amplifier

In our case the neg Re(Zout) may be due to inner device feedback.
So it is possible to compensate this feedback using outer feedback.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back