Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what if i removed a groundplane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bepsml

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all

i simulated an UWB antenna using AWR, i got good S11 and BW after removed a groundplane on back side, can the antenna worked after it fabricated like what i got from simulation result? anyone have a case like this?

If you have considered all the parameters during simulation like environment around it, wiring,material properties etc. then it will work :)

It depends how powerful software you were using ... one that can have very close similarity b/w simulations and practical...!!!! nonetheless I will advise to include the ground plane... it wont harm but will definitely gives more accurate results, as it provides excellent isolation!!!

hi all thank for reply

If you have considered all the parameters during simulation like environment around it, wiring,material properties etc. then it will work :)

yes I think it's all been configured, of if you don't mind show me a sample enclosure setting for it hehe

It depends how powerful software you were using ... one that can have very close similarity b/w simulations and practical...!!!! nonetheless I will advise to include the ground plane... it wont harm but will definitely gives more accurate results, as it provides excellent isolation!!!

is it maybe because I use a short feedline? cz when I adjust the ground be thinner it come better result
in this case I also added a patch beside feedline after removed the ground, I think to likened as planar waveguide with no ground
but I doubt because of my design unusual :D

A physical test will give great insight. Simulations are approximations and occasionally even reflect reality. At the end of the day one usually wants hardware. I would use this idea as a guide.

if the patch have a same width with feeder, is it can be still as a patch?
for some substrate thick there has no ground on back side, and add a shape on same side with conductor, how it be same function of groundplane, is it CPW structure but have different formula to calculate feeder width

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back