Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What comparator is? with marking SGB2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I met a comparator, which is 4pin, and I suppose it is a hysteresis comparator, with marking code "SGB2".
Does anyone know what comparator it is?
Or pls comment a comparartor IC with bigger hysteresis for me?

Best,
Tony Liu

Hi,

Comparator comes from "compare". If you want to compare one signal against another signal you need two inputs.
Then you need an output.
And you need 2 supply pins.

This makes 5 pins at least. How can your comparator work with 4 pins only?

Klaus

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, KlausST,
thanks for the reply.
It actually is an enable IC. To produce an enable signal to drive another IC. I guess it is a comparator, but due to your analysis, it should be an enable IC.
So does anyone comment what IC it is?
Best,
Tony Liu

Hi,

You'd have to search smd code websites, or Google variations on code + package type + number of pins + assumed function... Not willing to do that time-consuming and often fruitless chore for you, Tony, sorry... :)

Instead, if you know what the IC does, why not use manufacturer's and/or distributor's parametric search tables for a suitable alternative? It might be (slightly) less time-consuming (and frustrating) and possibly more productive.

tony_lth

It could be a tiny logic (also called 1-gate) device.
They are a single logic gate in a SOT23 or similar package.

Like these:

tony_lth

Status
Not open for further replies.