Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what can P&R engineer do

Status
Not open for further replies.

devop

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
the P&R tools become more and more powerful ,sometimes what I should do is only tell the tool FLOORPLAN PLACE ROUTE ....OPT design.......what the people do is becoming fewer and fewer
what is your opinion?
what I should learn to be a expert on this field?

I shifted from Analog to Digital Design career and also learning teh R&R tool just now...
I think the reason why P&R is used in certain designs is that they are only concerned on the timing and logic operation of the circuit, Area concerns may not be too tight and the development bugdget is limited: e.g. time and manpower. In fact most of P&R design uses IP's becouse they may not have the capability to design their own.

Other things like Voltage and Power critical, Die size optimized, Highly sensitive circuit designs are done in analog and mostly manual. This part takes a lot of time to design. Most analog design company employs more people doing layout and takes longer time.

Where to specialize.. I also dont know yet... As i said im also new to digital design... But I feel i really need to learn so much in Timing Analysis and Timing driven designs.

Oh my... I already forgot all those timing topics i learned in college...!!!

Added after 2 minutes:

I shifted from Analog to Digital Design career and also learning teh R&R tool just now...
I think the reason why P&R is used in certain designs is that they are only concerned on the timing and logic operation of the circuit, Area concerns may not be too tight and the development bugdget is limited: e.g. time and manpower. In fact most of P&R design uses IP's becouse they may not have the capability to design their own.

Other things like Voltage and Power critical, Die size optimized, Highly sensitive circuit designs are done in analog and mostly manual. This part takes a lot of time to design. Most analog design company employs more people doing layout and takes longer time.

Where to specialize.. I also dont know yet... As i said im also new to digital design... But I feel i really need to learn so much in Timing Analysis and Timing driven designs.

Oh my... I already forgot all those timing topics i learned in college...!!!

P&R engineer can do STA , Floorplanning , Physical verificaiton etc.

also include physical complier, and QA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back