Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the available antenna design tools for PCB or 868-915 Mhz bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Antenna design tools

hi;
you can also use XFDTD , its easy and powerfull!

Antenna design tools

There are too much tools!
I commend an$oft Desinger!

Agilent ADS-Momentum is the best solution.

Ansoft is good for entry RF guy
ADS UI is not user-friendly but it is very powerful

Added after 1 minutes:

Do anybody use Microsoft wave tools before?
Any comment?

as far as wire antennas are concerned, any of the NEC stuff are really good... especially NEC-WINPRO... i worked on it and its a breautiful implementation of MoM( Method of Moments)...

Dear
Ansoft Designer is a good software for plannar structures and simply export to HFSS.

hey i dont know if NEC can really be used for planar antennas.. all i have used it for is wire element antennas.. has anyone here done some planar antennas with NEC??

it depends of your antenna design...(what is it?)

HFSS and CST are good tool.

using MICROSTRIPES, 3D EM Solution (Transmission Line Matrix (TLM) method to solve Maxwell’s equations in the time domain) it provides me an easy way to set up my design and its solver is fast and gave me great accuracy. (do not need to master meshing too - like that)

I invite you to try it..
hope this help you, good luck

AW

my dear:

IE3D, HFSS10.1, CST2006, ADS2006B are EM wave simulator for

microwave and antenna design tool, if you want to simulation PCB atenna,

ex FR4 material, i suggest you use CST and ADS to do co-simulation.

C.C.HUNAG

Hi Dear!

I Thinck for your case Microwave Office is enough. you may use EM Structures Simulation to Solve your problem.

Thanks!

i think cst design software is best for antenna designs.sonnet lite is a free ware to check basic planar designs.

i think Hfss is good enough but i'm trying to learn ADS

hi everybody

I have to model the near field of the antenna of RFID reader. The aim of my project is to see the influence of the antenna dimensions and the electrical parameters on the shape and the values of the magnetic field.

I hesitate between Ansoft HFSS and CST MWS. But I saw on the web site of CST that an example of RFID reader has already be done.

So for the moment I think that I should use CST. Is it a good choice?

I would like a soft which is performant but not too complicated I don't have so much time.

In addition could anyone give me approximately the price of CST MWS and HFSS ?

And last question should I also take Agilent ADS with CST ?

Thank you very for your responses

Antenna design tools

what is the best choice for micromachined antennas
HFSS or CST

Have you ever try Microstripes? I think this one is powerfull enough. This program using 3D GUI. Microstripes is faster than HFSS. The 3D GUI is more user friendly than HFSS.

Antenna design tools

hi all,from my trying simulation under xfdtd,hfss,ie3d,cst,ansoft designer,cst is the preffered one by more facilites in the design and more friendly software,more fast than xfdtd,but the cst and xfdtd are the more acurate to the measured results
regards

hey,
i downloaded sonet from its website...but its not allowing me to change some of the paprameters ...like i can't change the parameters of metarial properties....help plz

Antenna design tools

thanks for your kind helps

I prefer EZ-NEC when i need a fast design.

I prefer MINI-NEC when i need to professional version of the particular antenna.

think that CST MWS is the best choice !

I agree this viewpoint. CST MWO is the Best

that right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back