Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weller EC2002M with PIC, no schematic available on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenatoBR

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have an old Weller unit EC2002M that has 6 pins receptacle and I don't know why six pins, the normal for soldering station is five pins.
In the front panel there are the following information:
"Output For EC1201A, EC1302A or EC1503A Series Irons Only."
"Made in USA"
This unit uses PIC16C57 - XT/SO
Iron solder EC1201A has five pins as I saw on the web, anybody knows where I can find the correct schematic for this unit?
I'd like to adapt this unit to another type of iron solder.

Tks,

Renato

That's strange... I have an EC1302A, and it only has 5 pins. I'm actually curious about the 5-pin pinout myself, since my EC2002-0 seems to have died.

Hi, late but others may be interested in and find this page via Google.

On the old Weller connector the pin in the middle is used for the switch at the handle. The pin at the bottom is a coding pin rather than an electrical one. It is used by equipment with more than 50W. You can just drill a hole eg to your WECP20 connector and connect an 80W iron. You might receive some hum because the transformer inside is at its limit. Espescially when the iron heats up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back