Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weller WD-2M repair

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have Weller WD-2M which have stopped working, it does not heat on any of the two channels.
The irons have been confirmed working on an other device.

Basically all functions in user-interface seems to work, but whenever you try to turn on one channel, it turns back to OFF in the display after a few seconds

I found the WD-1 schematics and also the assembly layout for WD-2M, apparently, but the drawings looks a bit different than the boards in my WD-2M.

WD-2M Assy
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1506523/Weller-Wd2m.html?page=20#manual

WD-1 Schematics & Assy drawings
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repai...HPSESSID=4cn24i2phvov1g93bccbfd6ipa#msg293597

However, as mentioned, the WD-2M in my possession has a set of PCBs that looks different than the ones found in the WD-2M manual.
UserInterface PCB is marked cb28k-BS.

Connectors verified to be ok, no bad solderings or breaks.
Triacs measures as expectd
Optocouplers/Triacdrivers does however all measure 5V both on Anode and Cahode. This regardless of turning iron on or off or changing temperature., Have not scoped them, guess I have to.
Zero crossing circuit seems to work
I know that some people have had issues with the PIC breaking on the output pins controlling the triac-drivers, I might have to replace and reprogram it, but it is not confirmed to be broken.

Question) Do you know where to find the schematics for WD-2M

20230619_215747.png
20230619_121414.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: