Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weighbridge power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlad

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I have a mobile weighbridge that when i plug in a info input cable I get a fault code 'help' on the display, this usually has meant that there is not enough power.

I have bought new universal power input but this didn't solve the issue, which makes me think there is a faulty part on the circuit board, perhaps a power regulator of some sort? I really am out of my experience zone at this point.

photos of circuit below with power input at red circle.

IMG_20160512_191627.jpgIMG_20160512_191411.jpg

Any help much appreciated, s short film showing the fault in action

I am in the Netherlands if by chance there is anyone that thinks they can fix this in NL, let me know :)

Cheers
Jim

Hi,

i assume it´s not the power supply.

Maybe the cabling to the sensor. Did you open the connector?

Klaus

Hi, I bought a new power supply and then bought another as i thought it didn't have enough mA, this didn't help :(

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the cabling to the sensor. Did you open the connector?

there are two cables leading to two weigh sensors, both cables give the same result, I assumed they couldn't both go wrong in the same way at the same time.

The red wire is connected in a way that isn't clear. It looks as though it is soldered to a pin, and also to a copper trace?

Furthermore the trace has scratch marks a short distance away, as though done deliberately to break contact. These areas are circled in the closeup.

5215729800_1463102735.jpg

I don't know that these are a problem. I'm merely pointing these out because the red wire is the only jumper on a very orderly board.

thanx for your reply, I see what you mean, it's not a recent addition but it does look strange indeed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back