Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identifying circuit.

StraightView

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I'm trying to identify this circuit in picture below, it's used to power up a while LEDs plate to lighting room, I don't know what's that component with 4pin in one side and 3pin in the other side and, I tried to search using the numbers written on it but there's nothing about it in internet, it's Chinese circuit so it's common thing which there's no informations about their components as I experienced before, and the numbers written on it is : 9535D
9A04D0
The small transformer in the circuit has only one coil with two ends, and the hight AC current is rectified to DC at the input, so I'm kind of confused, I'm assuming that this circuit is DC to DC booster but I'm not sure.
Thank you all and appreciate any advice about it.
IMG_20231115_000402.jpg

4-Pin component is a Bridge Rectifier.
It's a simple AC-DC Adapte or Charger. The IC is SMPS Controller but it might be from many manufacturer.
Hard to say.

I imagine it will be a current regulated low voltage LED driver much like this

Thank you sir for replying.
But that coil in the circuit is not transformer! Is has only one coil with two pins (the start and the end), also the
I imagine it will be a current regulated low voltage LED driver much like this

Thank you sir for replying.
But the coil in the circuit is not transformer! It has only one coil with two pins (the start and the end), and the PDF you posted it's include smps but I don't see in the circuit smps?!!.

4-Pin component is a Bridge Rectifier.
It's a simple AC-DC Adapte or Charger. The IC is SMPS Controller but it might be from many manufacturer.
Hard to say.
Hi, I know that's is a Bridge rectifier, but I was talking about that IC with 4pin in one side and 3pin in the other side! I assume that you said it's a smps controller?! But it need a transformer isn't?! Which is not existed in the circuit! Because that transformer in the picture it has only one coil with two pin (the beggining and the end)!!.
thanks for your help.

But the coil in the circuit is not transformer! It has only one coil with two pins (the start and the end), and the PDF you posted it's include smps but I don't see in the circuit smps?!!.
SMPS may be used for CV or CC, isolated or nonisolated. Boost, Buck or Buck-Boost.
That IC will be similar to what yours with an AC-DC rectifier, current sensing resistor, coil and flyback diode.

That fits the description and required internal components to perform a buck AC-DC CC driver commonly used for low voltage power LED arrays.

You won't likely find it in any popular distributor, but since you asked I thought to share what I know about these types of circuits, so you could understand how it works.

Hi, I know that's is a Bridge rectifier, but I was talking about that IC with 4pin in one side and 3pin in the other side! I assume that you said it's a smps controller?! But it need a transformer isn't?! Which is not existed in the circuit! Because that transformer in the picture it has only one coil with two pin (the beggining and the end)!!.
thanks for your help.
If it's so, I can say that this is a Non Isolated SMPS (Step-Down/Up) Power supply.

- isolation transformer and opto voltage feedback is for CV in my equivalent IC datasheet
This is not necessary and not used in your board

The low R value, is the clue that it is for current sensing and current regulation (used for LEDs)
I might call it "CC mode" regulator with a Buck flyback diode and coil, non-isolated

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back