Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weather monitring system-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi025

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my project has a rs232 (max232 ic) for interfacing it with pc...
what to do if i want to interface it with my laptop( my laptop has usb port and built in Bluetooth)
any kind of devices are there which provides interfacing between rs232 and usb port of my laptop??

my project has a rs232 (max232 ic) for interfacing it with pc...
what to do if i want to interface it with my laptop( my laptop has usb port and built in Bluetooth)
any kind of devices are there which provides interfacing between rs232 and usb port of my laptop??

Hi Chi025 and Welcome to EDABoard,

USB to RS232 example with FT232 IC:

FT232RL USB to Serial Adapter
https://electronics-diy.com/FT232RL_USB_to_Serial_Adapter_for_PIC_AVR_ATMEGA_ARDUINO_MCUs.php

FT232RL_USB_to_Serial_Adapter_for_PIC_AVR_ATMEGA_ARDUINO_schematic.jpg

Best regards,
Peter

You could also purchase a USB to serial lead.
Here the serial is connected as usual to the serial input and the USB connects at the PC/laptop via the USB port but it appears as a virtual RS232 port within the PC. Essentially the USB becomes transparent to the serial comms.

Some software does run into issues due to handshake or unusual configurations but most runs transparently. I have used these for getting oscilloscope data into the PC and stepper motor control successfully. Many have the FTDI chip mentioned by tpetar built into the USB plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back