Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

waveguide power divider(help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezman

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
waveguide power dividers ku

Hello everyone

I have to design a power divider using waveguide structure.But I have no idea about it.If you have some paper or information about it,give me some please.Thanks!!!

Regards
Kezman

Dear Kezman,

Please provide more details, e.g. number of ports, power ratio, bandwidth, etc.

Best regards

hi wave-maniac

I want to design 4(or more) port waveguide power splitter,bandpass is 12-18GHz(Ku),help me please.Thanks!!!

best regard
Kezman

Added after 1 minutes:

Thank you plasma!!

Dear Kezman,

As you have not completely defined your requirements, I just can mention a presentation which includes a power divider with non-uniform power splitting ratio for output ports:

**broken link removed**

Anyway, for more efficient help, please let me know:
1) Is the relative phase of the outputs important?
2) What is the maximum power to be tolerated? (peak and average)
3) What is the maximum tolerable VSWR for 12-18 GHz?
4) What is the desired minimum efficiency?

Best regards

wave-maniac

Hi,

Did my papers was not assist??

David

Kezman said:
Hello everyone

I have to design a power divider using waveguide structure.But I have no idea about it.If you have some paper or information about it,give me some please.Thanks!!!

Regards
Kezman
You can read Microwave Engineering. Pozar.John Wiley & Sons.

hi wave-maniac

Thank you help me!!

1.I want to design this device used in power combine/divider.So,I need equa phase at all out ports(4 or more);

2.Maximum average power is about 20W;

3.I hope VSWR<=1.2 for 12-18 GHz;

4.Minimum efficiency is about 85%

Added after 6 minutes:

hi David

Your papers help me a lot.Thank you again my friend!!

Regards
Kezman

Added after 8 minutes:

hi borich_03

Thanks!!!I will look it.

Regards
Kezman

Dear Kezman,

Based on the info you've provided I would say there are two types of solutions:

1) An H-plane corporate feed comprizing H-plane power dividers such as H-plane T-junctions. However there are two catches:

1-1) The number of output ports should be an integer power of two, e.g. 2, 4, 8, etc.

1-2) Very broadband waveguide H-plane T-junctions are difficult to design. Normally you would need to use kind of complex matching structure. Please study the following patent:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/4956622.pdf

2) An H-plane radial power divider/combiner utilizing radial waveguide. It can be designed to cover very broad bandwidth and the number of output ports is not necessarily an integer power of two. The catch is the increased complexity of design and fabrication. Please study the following patent:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/4673899.pdf

Good luck

wave-maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back