Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wavecom GSM modem WMOD2A-G1900 WM11725 series WMOD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds18s20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wmod2

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with WMOD2A-G1900 WM11725 Wavecom modem?

How does one reset the modem to factory defaults. The reset pin DOES NOT do that. It simply executes power-on reset which is no different than powering OFF and then powering back ON. Unfortunately that procedure does NOT reset the configuration back to factory.

Here is the spec sheet in case someone is curious as to what this module is:

WMOD2-UserGuide.pdf **broken link removed**

Thanks
B

**broken link removed**[/url]

wavecom wmod2 at commands

I had a similar modem and this was basically reset or reconfigured using the commands in the usermanual. Connect to hyperterminal and execute the commands.

Hope this helps,
Madhukar

reset modem wavecom

brmadhukar said:
I had a similar modem and this was basically reset or reconfigured using the commands in the usermanual. Connect to hyperterminal and execute the commands.

Madhukar

That is exactly what I CAN NOT do. I dont have access to the serial because some strange config was used and I can not deduce the settings. I get garbage out of the serial no matter how many different baud rates I try.

So the objective is to find a way to do factory reset by other means. If you dont know the answer please dont post BS,

When you call the modem, it is supposed to send RING to its serial interface.

Here is what I can capture:

**broken link removed**

Thanks
B

Did you succeded resetting the modem to default?

I have had some wavecoms modems that I brought back to default by grounding the reset pin (pin14) and sending 'AT' (capital letters) at 9600 baud to it.
After a number of 'AT's the modem responded and I could save a new comfiguration

(but I have one that don't respond to this - I guess due to firmware -, so if there is other way to reset I would like to know).

yes thank you, I figured out the reset and my modem is working just fine, thanks for checking-in

Status
Not open for further replies.