Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to make own nios development board for learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclickme

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to learn fpga and NIOS II. And I want to make my own development board for getting start. I just need a basic system. Could you tell me how to getting start and tell me where can I get a schematic?
for NIOS II, which chip should I choose? cyclone or startix?
My final target is design my own PDA with my FPGA board.
Thanks!

schematic of evaluation board, which use to implementate the NIOS(II) on the FPGA and more processing units, you can get on Altera web site or if you have the NIOS(II) IDE, you have the schematic of evaluation boards of Cyclone and Stratix.
with the schematics of evaluation boards you can make schematic of your basic system.

I have schematics of my own cyclone based board - it doesn't run NIOS, but I'm sure it could. The only thing I may be missing is SDRAM (I use SRAM instead).

**broken link removed**

hi! jdhar
I can access the main page
but
/hw/... is not accessable
so could you please check the links?
thank you and your design

That's odd - can you try it again? I can access it fine, and I see other people acessing it... did you find the schematics of my reference design?

Thank you all. Comparing the price of PCB DIY to a basic done cyclone board, I choose the latter. About 75 USD for a cycone board with EP1C6T.
Well, of course its just for quick start. I will make my own board after can really handle this new device.

I use the Fpga board of EP1C6 .And it can run the Nios basic software (ex.hello_led). If you want to design your PDA the EP1C6 maybe limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back