Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want know some tips about gated clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansunamu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design a MCU with gated clock to save the power . I have no idea about how to write the script to synthesis my chip

Because the AND or NAND gate used to gate the clock has a long delay but it not make sense since the clock tree has not been created .

The Clock tree will be created by P&R tool and the delay of these gate used to gate the clock should be short . I already tried to run the postlayout simulation and the delay of the gate is what i expected .

I am wondering that i must can write the good synthesis script to generate a right SDF file

Does anyone have any idea about that ?

I think checking DC's manual will help a lot.

put don't touch on your high fanout nets (for example, clocks). Run pre-sim with modified sdf (from pt or dc). You have nothing to do on the synthesis scripts for the pre-sim sdf.

Let the Backend tools generated the clock tree(s) for you, and than got the more precise SDF for the post-sim.

if you have PowerCompiler you can have it done much more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back