Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VPN setup on Windows XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrts

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to set up VPN between my home and office computers. I am able to connect to the office PC and everything runs fine, however the internet connection is not forwarded. When I connect to the VPN, all the connections on the local PC are lost except the connection to the remote network. I know that I can uncheck the checkbox of using the remote gateway, but I need the remote IP to connect to the further server, so I need internet connection forwarding from remote PC to my local PC at home. I can't find anything useful on google about this.

Schematic:
LOCAL PC(local ip) -> VPN -> REMOTE PC(remote ip), now local PC acquires remote ip, then:
LOCAL PC(with remote IP) -> HTTP -> SERVER, which allows only certain IPs.

Both systems are Windows XP SP3.

Thanks.

Hi , you using window remote desktop ?Or any other software require on before connect to your office pc :)

Well Windows XP has built-in VPN server, so I connect to the office PC directly, without using any software. The current solution of having the office PCs IP is to use remote desktop, but it has latency and isn't fast responsive...

u still having ur problem now ?? i try my self with remote desktop there is nothing affect to my local internet connection and i can still surf internet like google , facebook .....

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

hi i can help u my email is keanhong2@hotmail.com , i can give u my ip address to let u try here .

When i use xp2 its work properly,but with the latest updates of xp3 i think the problem occures while working vpn.

Hello, I am having a problem setting up a simple **broken link removed** connection. I have a Windows XP Pro box which is set up to receive incoming connections. On the outside I have several different computers from 98 to XP all which give the Error 721 when trying to Verify Username and password.

Hi, I want to know which vpn services run better in window 7 operating system as I am looking to buy new window 7 vpn proxies for my business work. In case I select a company for buying than what I should look in there like prices or services offering in that prices. I have searched some companies for buy vpn connection but in confusion which one should I buy to run my satisfactory level.

Maybe we can build the vpn sevices in the remote Windows Server Virtualization, but not good for to many people on it at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.