Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VMEbus System Controller design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkeeley

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I been working for a few years on a small home built 68000 based system. I have so far managed to design and build a small system that resides on one main board with all the RAM, ROM and control circuits on it. I have also created a second board that has a serial controller that gives me a terminal interface to my small system.

What I want to do next is create a more advanced backplane design that will allow me to create a more powerfull system with more advanced I/O, things like some sort of mass storage like IDE, even a video card of some sort, etc. Currently I have a backplane made of six 96pin DIN connecters with all wires wired in parrallel, the signals from the main board are passed onto this bus through some line drivers.

For the new backplane I was looking at using something much like the VMEbus. I have so far managed to find the specification manual for VMEbus revision C. At this time I haven't been able to find any example schematics for the system controller module.

What I'm looking for basically is some examples of how to create the bus controller signals required to support a VMEbus system.

Thanks for any help.
Kenneth

Hi,

I been working for a few years on a small home built 68000 based system. I have so far managed to design and build a small system that resides on one main board with all the RAM, ROM and control circuits on it. I have also created a second board that has a serial controller that gives me a terminal interface to my small system.

What I want to do next is create a more advanced backplane design that will allow me to create a more powerfull system with more advanced I/O, things like some sort of mass storage like IDE, even a video card of some sort, etc. Currently I have a backplane made of six 96pin DIN connecters with all wires wired in parrallel, the signals from the main board are passed onto this bus through some line drivers.

For the new backplane I was looking at using something much like the VMEbus. I have so far managed to find the specification manual for VMEbus revision C. At this time I haven't been able to find any example schematics for the system controller module.

What I'm looking for basically is some examples of how to create the bus controller signals required to support a VMEbus system.

Thanks for any help.
Kenneth

Salaam Dear Kenneth
I am so eager to know how could you solve your problem!
What was your solution for VMEbus Interface Controller?

i am impatiently wait for your answer.
Thanks in advance.
Oveis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back