Status
Not open for further replies.

bkoersel

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question about the visibility of pads on inner layers. If i'am routing traces on inner layers i don't see the pads of , for example via's, until these are connected. I like to see all the pads on all the inner and outer layers. Is the a setting or is this normal in CR5000 ?

Check the Pad stack and Via stack. No this is not common until your footprint creation is incorrect.

You have supress inner layer pads on. This is the standard way of doing boards these days, these pads are also supressed for manufacture. Make the drill holes visible so you know where the holes are, or ook in help files for supress inner layer pads, and inner layer pad visability.
I dont use CR5000 so cant give an exact method on how todo it.

check the color settings and display settings.
As the pads are visible when you connect them so i think that they are properly created so check the settings.

Inner layer pad suppression is on, this is pretty much standard these days for multi layer boards. These are catered for in the display options.

Inner layer suppression works by reducing the size of the pad until you connect to it, when it will then swell up to the full size.

I too do not have access to CR5000 but knowing that it is another of Zukens tools and that this feature is also in CADSTAR and PREditor makes me pretty sure that this is what it is.

I suggest you look in all the options and default settings to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…