MahmoudHassan

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
Dear All
I am working on designing Opamp in my course When I started to work with frequency response and I have three questions ( attached two photos one for DC operating and another for Model parameters)
1- The two lists give values for internal capacitances which one should I use?
2- In DC operating list there are capacitances for any MOSFET with negative value what does that mean?
3- for units "aF" does it mean Angstrom unit with 10^(-10) and fF for Femto Farad (10^-15) ??
Best Regards,

1- The two lists give values for internal capacitances which one should I use?
Depends on what for. If you need the total capacitance of a node, use those with double characters: cgg , css ... It's always meant as capacitance against the "0" node, mostly GND .

2- In DC operating list there are capacitances for any MOSFET with negative value what does that mean?
I guess victoriya's answer is the best I've seen.

3- for units "aF" does it mean Angstrom unit with 10^(-10) and fF for Femto Farad (10^-15) ??
The "a" means "atto", which is 10-18, whereas 1 ångström means 10-10 m = 10-4 µm , it is only used as a length unit. femto is correct: f = 10-15 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…