Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso Schematic XL-Matched Length Constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikjaiho

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

Can anyone please help me on this. I am using Virtuoso IC 6.1.5. I have one doubt one Matched Length Constraint. For example i have two signals ie.Qclk and Qclkb in my schematic. I have to match the length of these two signals in layout. For that what constraints has to be used in schematic XL and also how to implement that constraints in layout XL also. If any tutorials regarding this Matched Length Constraint please share with me.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik

Sorry I don't have an answer, but want to share my experience.

Matched Length Constraint is the correct one to use, but would be hard to met the requirement. In Cadence, you can see the length of each segment of the connection, but not all of them. So matching them by hand requires a lot of effort. Maybe auto route works better but I have never tried since I am not doing fully digital design. Hope someone else can give a better tutorial on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back