Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHDL Simulation warning / Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathishkas

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have written a simple D Flip-flop code and a corresponding test bench in VHDL code. While I compiled I didnt get any warnings/errors. But when I was running VHDL Simulation with NC-Sim I encountered the following error. I need to dump out the waveform and check the output. Should I specify any time scale value in the RTL file. If so, how to specify the timescale value?

Run Command : irun dff.vhd tb_dff.vhd -gui &

Error :
irun: 12.10-s004: (c) Copyright 1995-2012 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
irun: *E,VHDLTP: VHDL files are being compiled. The utility does not automatically calculate top-level VHDL design units.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve the problem.

try this one

irun -gui -f file_list -top tb_dff -access +rwc

Here the "file_list" is a file which contains the filename with path of all files which are needs to be compiled.
after " -top " you need to put the testbench entity name, i hope it is tb_dff, if not please change it and run it

Thanks for your reply.

Now it's working fine. But When I simulate it, all my inputs/outputs are getting a value of 'U' (Undefined Value) moreover, I am not getting any waveform.

Could you please tell me what are the things I should do to get the correct value while doing the simulation.

Thanks,
Sathish

Status
Not open for further replies.