Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very simple question about ohms law

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzyk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey, I have a question about finding the current in a parallel and series circuit. The circuit is a 120v battery with 8 lightbulbs with 1.8ohms resistance for each bulb. I gotta find the current through each bulb with the circuit in series and parallel. I'm wondering if I divide 120v by 1.8ohms (resistance of each bulb) or the total resistance (14.4ohms). thanks

Parallel connection - I= V/R = 120/1.8 = 66.67 A
Series connection - I= V/Req = 120/(8*1.8) = 8.33 A

Hi my friend !
R=v/I and I=V/R and V=R*I . so at first for each mode you should find total resistance and get help with those formulas that i have mentioned .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

thx guys!!
Hey, now I have to do the same question with the resistance of each bulb as 1.8kohms rather than 1.8ohms. I dont get how to do the converting of units of measurement for this.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Last edited:

An incandescent light bulb has a low resistance when cold then its resistance is 10 times or more higher when it glows at 2000 degrees C.

Status
Not open for further replies.