Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog/VHDL editor in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
a good vhdl program for linux

Emacs is better one but hard to learn, nedit is easiest. Also kwrite is another choice.

*.vhd edit

Emacs is better one but hard to learn, nedit is easiest. Also kwrite is another choice.
I think these program editers are now very difficult to study. In my opinion, using vi is the fastest editer but it's bad for review. Gvim and nedit is simply like UltraEdit in Windows, using them can make us cheking errors easier. And Emacs is the most suiltable editer for Verilog/VHDL. I know many company using this for editing.

vhdl linux

Hi jelydonut,

I use the vi in RedHat 7.2, it's can highlight the verilog syntax auto without any

configuration.

wang1

wysiwyg linux editor vhdl

I think vim is a good choice.

verilog in linux

How about for Windows? I am looking for a good simple editor for windows with highlight and hopefully it has the function like insert characters at the beginning of every line (can we do it in MS office?).

vim vhdl syntax

gvim also has highlight option for syntax. But when you press Enter(Return), it will return at the beginning of the next line (not suitable for viewing).hic hic
nedit is ok but it looks slower than gvim and vi

vhdl vim windows

Emacs with verilog-mode is the best, as long as you master it.
If you know little about emacs and verilog-mode, and be unwilling to learn it, it's not better than GVIM.
Gvim is the best if you don't know verilog-mode in emacs.

emacs controls commands for verilog

I am using nedit. you can try the same

vhdl editors vi

EMACS is a good editor and u can set syntax highlight in .emacs file in unix environment.
Also EMACS has a VHDL mode in which u need not type everything in syntax, i mean u have shortcuts for all valid syntax.
e.g. In VHDL if u will type entity, it will ask for generic, ports etc and complete the syntax as per ur inputs.

gVim can also be used, u need to set appropriate syntax.

Regards,
Jitendra

vhdl linux editor

I use vi.

linux emacs verilog

I use Vim as the best choice for me, you can set the highlight very easily with the version 6.0 above.
You can add the following statement in ~/.vimrc with support for autocommands.
if has("autocmd")
filetype plugin indent on
endif

vhdl syntax highlighting in vim

emacs is a good choice when compared to others like vi.more than that it is individual preference.

regards
amarnath

verilog vhdl linux

Xemacs is the best , after I study xemacs , i don't use Vi any more.

best vhdl mode for emacs

I use gvim, and get used to it. when i found emacs, i found it is very powerful, (with verilog-mode). but i have not much time to study a new editor. so i only use emacs's verilog-mode batch mode.

so both emacs and gvim is good, cross platform. it is your personal like to choose which one.

editeur vhdl linux

I use nedit.

The syntax highlight, split screen and multiple window display are very useful for multiple source files debugging.

vhdl in vim editor

emacs is very good in unix for VHDl

vhdl editor windows emacs

**broken link removed**

vim as verilog editor

it depends on your feeling,I use gvim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back