Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verilog signed operation in modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wais

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have written a verilog file that implements some arithmetic operations, I defined my signals as
Code:
wire signed
or
Code:
reg signed
. when I simulate that on isim simulator it does the operation as specified, with signed arithmetic. but when I simulate the same file in modelsim it behaves as if the signals are unsigned!

I have to use modelsim because I need to load some memory files (Isim does not load memory files, you have to load the memory by hand!) so I need to get this fixed. how to make modelsim interpret the signals as signed? in operation not in wave viewer of course?

With which operations do you see incorrect behaviour? There aren't so many where the difference matters at all. (e.g. multiply, sign extension, compare).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back