Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verifying the c program

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightofspace

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a question concerns verification of C program in Embedded System, I wrote a C program with memory resource being shard between two interrupt handler (a kind if preemtive processing), but I am getting some problem in the implementation....following the error is very hard to by analyzed, so does someone know how to verify C program, and knows how it is working (its lfow control)?

All thanks
Ahmad

You should use a hardware debugger (like MAJIC or Multi-ICE) to look at the details of program execution and control like pointer tables, heap, stack etc.

If you cannot afford a debugger, you can choose an I/O line of the micro-controller as a signal. Activate this line from some place in your code will show you with certainity that the processor has reached that line of code.

If you can spare more than one I/O lines, you can track the execution path with more sophistication.

Emulators is the solution for this... somewhat chep but not very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back