Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VB6 or C++ usb parallel port interface need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahrol_hisham

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c++ usb interface

Hi
I have a note book but it didnot have the parallel port so I used the usb to parallel port converter. But i dont kow how to controll this device using the VB and c++, can some one help me in how to write vb6 or c++ code interface the usb to parallel port converter.

PLS need help

virtual parallel port

Hi
I have search at the google, and most of the resource said we can used the "usbprint.sys" but I dont know how to interface with this file. can some one help me..

Thank

virtual parallel port driver

I don't think you can use usbprint.sys. This driver is used for driving USB printers, and that is not what you want. This web-site should be good place to start:
**broken link removed**.

vb6 usb to parallel

Assalamo Allykum !

On the ATEML site there are many drivers for the USB. Ithink you will find your required driver from there.

The site address is

www.atmel.com

Wish you a good Luck for this. :D :D

Take Care

Zeeshan Shareef

virtual parallel port usb

Check this out:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

logix4u.net

coshkun said:
Check this out:
h**p://www.logix4u.net/parallelport1.htm
h**p://www.logix4u.net/inpout32.htm

hi
this site is about parallel port interfacing but is not about paralle to usb converters.
regards

virtual parallel port to usb

Normally if everything is installed fine you can program your parallel port like you do on a normal computer. (I used USB to serial convertor and I program my serial port just like normal COM port).

You have to figure out wich COM port is you port... and start programming.

Look in device manager. --> System --> Hardware configuration --> sort by connection --> see on USB bus what peripherals are connected. --> right mouse click on the convertor then properties will do the work....

kind regards

usb parallel programming vb

Hi

The usb to parallel port concerter not like the usb to serial converter, the usb to serial converter will create the virtual serial port but the usb parallel port not. I realy no idea how to solve this , pls help me..:cry:

c++ interface usb

i have this problem.

but now i try to write Device Driver for virtual parallel port.

usb vb6

Anybody has info about USB to parallel interface connectivity at USB side? it's needed to do any driver implementing a virtual port or an API interface.

TIA

virtual parallel port address

Do you kown usb interface?

vb6 usb

BuBEE

Can you teach me how to write virtual parallel port driver.

www.logix4u.net

mobile-it said:
Normally if everything is installed fine you can program your parallel port like you do on a normal computer. (I used USB to serial convertor and I program my serial port just like normal COM port).

You have to figure out wich COM port is you port... and start programming.

Look in device manager. --> System --> Hardware configuration --> sort by connection --> see on USB bus what peripherals are connected. --> right mouse click on the convertor then properties will do the work....

kind regards

I don't understand.. can you give a little bit detail..TQ

virtual parallel usb

look pal

ANY parrallel port device usb or not

will create a handler in the address range of the device set in the device manager

if you look in usb devices part of the device manager applet

youll see there will be a driver for the port
open its properties youll see where you can address it
ie lpt1 lpt2 etc

you only need this device handle to be able to pass files to it using vb6
look at the proteus project #724566
in the bottom post of this topic

in the link youll find a parallel port project uses a ioportdll

you can com with the port and check it works
and his sources are there

so in the device manager applet usb device .. open its properties

in the advanced tab it should have a choose list for the port address
lpt1 lpt2 etc

lpt1 is always address 378h
look up the other detail

but its as pointed out as easy to address as a standard port

if your code requires a port id then it will simply be id0 as you only have one port
if it requires a device handle then it will be lpt1 etc... you never need to pass an address in c++ only the port id or handle
and the file and the port will respond

after all if it had no handler it wouldnt print either

c++ connect usb

I afraid it's not so easy to interface an usb connected parallel port since there isn't usually a driver to resemble a real LPT as it's the case which USB-serial ports and COM ports (virtual COM driver).

This issue is already discussed here:

Cheers ;-)

vb6 usbprint.sys

BuBEE said:
i have this problem.

but now i try to write Device Driver for virtual parallel port.

Hi BuBEE,

I'm also trying to develop the virtual parallel port driver connect to usb CDC. I have some idea, maybe we can talk!!^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back