Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable RF Capacitor needed - 0.01 pf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsaan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I need to buy a variable RF capacitor for my antenna (2.4GHz). It should have a value of 0.01 pf to 1pf or above. I have found in the range starting from 1.5pf and above. Do you know where I can get capacitor starting from 0.01pf? Pl help

I doubt you will find one commercially made. The capacitance of the structure alone will be more than 0.01pF - before the capacitor plates are even fitted.

The simplest and cheapest solution is to use two short insulated wires and twist them. Copper 'coil' wire is suitable and reasonably temperature stable. The tighter you twist the wires, the higher capacitance you will get.

Brian.

ahsaan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hali Ahsaan,
Or you can solder a "mini-plate" over the one potential (hopfely GND) and vary distance, or length of "mini-plate" , from it to tho other potential...
Calculta pls, how short these "mini-plate" is to realize i.e. for 0.05 or even 0.5pF:)
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back