Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UWB signal generation ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqpei

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find out a on-chip solution for UWB signal generation. Both impulse and Gaussian Monocycle pulse are considered.

I did some research and found analog approach is hard. Most companies use high speed digital circuits to generate impulse.

Say if I need 1 ns wide impuse, less than 50 ps time jittering, what kind of IC process should be considered?

I don't know much about on-chip signal generation but for the moment we are dealing with even shorter pulses generated with step recovery diode. It is in millimeter wave range, I don't know if this will help you.

flyhigh

Reactions: vinodv

vinodv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In the wideband traditional radar, the signal may be perform different waveform. But in UWB system , how to control the waveform?

you can consider using step recovery diode(SRD) to generate pulse with nanosecond pulse width with proper shaping circuitry, you can obtain subnanosecond pulse.

I would appreciate any references to publications detailing the step recovery diode(SRD) and pulse shaping circuitry techniques. I have been trying to locate these types of references for a while.

Thanks,

Darel

The attached file is a paper which uses Step recovery diode to generate sub-nanosecond gaussian and monocycle pulses.Hope can help u ...

I recently research UWB pulse generation.You can use SRD and pulse shaping using RC filter.But its drawback is not be integrated.The attachment is about cmos/bicmos pulse generation circuit and based on 0.18 um process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back