Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using Excel,access,outlook etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

walters

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What do you guys use Excel,access,outlook for?

What type of office jobs use excel or access for please?

I know doing inventory uses excel but what else can i use excel and access for please?

Bill of materials, cost, suppliers list...whatever....excel is a very powerful tool i think...i had some tables for eletronics calc all in excel with all the math hidden behind very cool related pics.

Ric

hi

You can use Excel to make a Graph representation of your data located in some related cells

What kind of data would i been entering for office jobs?

What kind of data do u guys enter in excel and access?

1.) parts
2.) supplies
3.) billing
4.) income
5.) peoples names and information
6.) What else ?

what else can these programs be used for?/

walters,
Excel has built-in functions to calculate most of the parameters that are used in engineering:
. Trig
. Exponential
. Imaginary/Complex numbers
. Statistics
. Searching and sorting
In addition it has built-in graphing capability
As a result, Excel can be used to perform many common engineering calculation tasks.
Excel has a built-in programming language called VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). VBA is a very powerful language that can be used to write programs that that would otherwise require a general purpose programming language, such as C or C++. The nice thing about VBA for Excel is that it can take advantage of Excel's built-in user interface, printing, graphing capabilities. Give VBA a try, even if you have no immediate use for it. You may even get hooked:D
Access is a database manager. It is used for managing, manipulating, searching, sorting data. As an example, suppose you have a database of electronic components in your inventory. The daatabase has electrical parameters in fields for each part number. Access could be used, for example to find all capacitors with a capacitance between 0.1 and 0.47 uF, with a voltage rating grater than or eaual to 50V, and a metallized polycarbonate dielectric.
Outlook is useful for e-mail tasks, and managing appointments, meetings, contacts.
Regards.
Kral

Thanks for the help

What kinds of inventory data or inventory in general would i use for excel or access?

Added after 3 minutes:

what kind of DATA or inventory would i do with Excel or access?

What would u put down on your resume saying u entered in What into Excel or Access what kind of data or information using excel or access?

What can u think of please ? information u or in general can enter in excel or access with?

for inventory -excel is used. for datbase also same is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back