Not open for further replies.

Pancra85

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I built this drum synth circuit: **broken link removed**
and as you can see it can be triggered by a 1ms pulse. I tried with a button and it works.

What I want is that a constant rhythm whom speed can be controlled with a potentiometer.
So I was thinking of putting a 555 IC in there, looking on google found this: http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/555_astable.php

I want it to be adjustable from 40 BPM to 200 BPM, and using a calculator that converts to 1 Hertz to 3 Hertz.
Using the 555 calculator I see I can use C= 47uF. R2=5Kohm and R1=10 ohm to R1=20 Kohm. I think the duty cycle doesn't really matters since I only need 1ms.

Connecting OUT from 555 to the drum trigger would work this way???

Thanks a lot!

Looks like a fun machine

Yup - it'll work, no problems. The 1u capacitor at the input of the space rocker means there'll be no change in the circuit operation for trigger pulse widths > few 10's ms. Enjoy!

Thank you very much for taking the time to check it for me!!
Now I am thinking in also putting a divider/counter so it can automatically also trigger a snare drum and a bass drum and I should have a pattern! woohooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…