Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with motion detector (PIR) Circuit

Saeedk9574

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I have a problem in circuitry of PIR. I am using the model D203B of PIR and I used a schematic (first picture) based on its datasheet. I do not no why it does not work. The connected LED to the output of IC (op-amp lm324) is always on. I have checked the health of lm324 and all the connection.
Here is the my schematic and PCB (2nd and 3rd pic)

Screenshot (191).png
Screenshot (192).png

Screenshot 2024-05-26 221517.png

Your circuit misses AC coupling (C5 in original schematic) between sensor and first amplifier stage which is essential.
--- Updated ---

Sorry, I confused first with second stage. Schematic is basically correct.
--- Updated ---

I'd add a feature to adjust gain.

For debug check node voltages with multimeter, disable amplifier stages for test, disconnect 10k between first and second stage, reduce first stage gain to 1 by disconnecting 47k R10(R4), to find out where's the problem.

Last edited:
Hi,

Consider to use a proper GND plane on your next design.
It gives a lot of improvements. In this case regarding noise and clean swtiching, but also better EMC immunity.
The circuit isn´t that complex and a GND plane should be doable without much effort.

Klaus

Your circuit misses AC coupling (C5 in original schematic) between sensor and first amplifier stage which is essential.
--- Updated ---

Sorry, I confused first with second stage. Schematic is basically correct.
--- Updated ---

I'd add a feature to adjust gain.

For debug check node voltages with multimeter, disable amplifier stages for test, disconnect 10k between first and second stage, reduce first stage gain to 1 by disconnecting 47k R10(R4), to find out where's the problem.
Before applying the changes that you suggested, I should say there is a problem in the first V ref (pin2) I have no stable signal so first v out (pin 1) is zero.
By the way, Output of (pin S) sensor on pin 3 is around 0.8 which I think is normal.

Last edited:
I had made a mistake in soldering and c9 had not connected to the track of pin 2 so there was not v ref now it is solved.

Now how can I make the time and also sensivity of output adjustable ?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back