Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using 555 aestable to trigger a drum circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancra85

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I built this drum synth circuit: **broken link removed**
and as you can see it can be triggered by a 1ms pulse. I tried with a button and it works.

What I want is that a constant rhythm whom speed can be controlled with a potentiometer.
So I was thinking of putting a 555 IC in there, looking on google found this: http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/555_astable.php

I want it to be adjustable from 40 BPM to 200 BPM, and using a calculator that converts to 1 Hertz to 3 Hertz.
Using the 555 calculator I see I can use C= 47uF. R2=5Kohm and R1=10 ohm to R1=20 Kohm. I think the duty cycle doesn't really matters since I only need 1ms.

Connecting OUT from 555 to the drum trigger would work this way???

Thanks a lot!

Looks like a fun machine :)

Yup - it'll work, no problems. The 1u capacitor at the input of the space rocker means there'll be no change in the circuit operation for trigger pulse widths > few 10's ms. Enjoy!

Thank you very much for taking the time to check it for me!!
Now I am thinking in also putting a divider/counter so it can automatically also trigger a snare drum and a bass drum and I should have a pattern! woohooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back