Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use of DC operating point parameters in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

leyla55

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence dc operating point

Hi group,

I run a DC sweep simulation on ADE (using spectre) and I would like to
plot some of the DC operating point parameter of my schematic(such as
gm, gds,vdsat of the transistor which I can not see for example gm in the Result Browser ).

How can I add this parameter in result browser?

Does any one have any idea ?

cadence dec operating point

You can see these parameters for a given operating point using the Print command. From the Results menu in ADE select Print -> Operating point, then select the transistor which parameters you want to see. They will be displayed in separate window not within the results browser...

cadence dc sweep transistor parameters

Thanks for your hint,
How I can plot these parameters,
for example if I want to plot gm vs VGS what should I do ?? any idea..... I am looking for your answer ...

cadence display gm operating point

leyla55 said:
Thanks for your hint,
How I can plot these parameters,
for example if I want to plot gm vs VGS what should I do ?? any idea..... I am looking for your answer ...

you have to sweep vgs first, then using the browsing function, which can be found in caluculator

display operating point cadence

Hi guy:
try this
after runing the simulation, open the menu result browse
then click the point you insterest.

good luck

cadence ade gm sweep results browser

In general if you want to use sweep you must first put the thing you want to sweep as a variable like "l" not value, and in analoge environment go through variable tab ,then you can see copy variable from schematic,then you can see in the left side in analoge environment the name of the variable you put.
in the tool tab in analoge environment select sweep and you can go ahead as you know.
but i think the variable like gm or Vt you can't plot it directly you will prove it as a slope or any thing like this.
thanx

dc parameters in cadence

Thanks ,
Excuse of my ignorance because Iam so new in Cadence, could you explain more ?
I already sweep vgs but this is not an issue
The problem is, I can't select the gm in calculator, I can see it only in Result display window not result browser hence when I select the browser in the calculator it goes to result browser which the gm is not there already ......
Please guide.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back