Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Type C (Mid Mount) Routing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. For my project I need to use the GCT USB4050 Mid Mount Hybrid (SMT+THT) Type USB Type C Connector.

But I am facing problem to Routing two Pads which are B5 and B8. I don't get any idea how to place the routing as Connector back side are full Cutout and the front side have other Pads and no room to palace trace. I am considering Trace width of 5mil and clearance of 5mil as its the most common and minimum capability of factory (such as JLCPCB).

1601795349434.png

Can anyone advise how to route?

Thanks.

Connecting full (Superspeed) USB 3.0 signal set or only Highspeed? Wiring with 5 mil technology is at the edge but might still work. The question is how many (shielded) signal layers you want to afford?

Hi.

Its for USB 3.0 Supper Speed. Actually I need to route only B5 (CC2 Pin). B8 is not connected in my design. My Board is 4 Layer.

From B5 the 5mil Trace not passing in any direction ... either Board edge or middle of B4 and B6.

1601799907606.png

Thanks.

Right, 5 mils trace can fit between pads only on inner layers. Unconnected inner pads need to be removed or clipped respectively. 4 layer will hardly work for fully connected USB 3. I guess you need 3 signals layers shielded against each other and providing proper impedance matching. Hence 6 or 8 layer PCB.

JLPCB design trace to PTH rule is 0.33 mm, leaves room for a 5 mil trace between 0.8 mm spaced PTH pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back