Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to Paralle at HIGH SPEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

anat12

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb to paralle

Hi all,

I want to build device that can connect to the USB of PC and output 16 bit at paralell . i want it to be at High Speed (480 Mb).
I don't have any expirence in software so i need it to be with its drivers for windows

what will be the best chioce ?

thanks...

My choice would be the EZ-USB FX2 LP from Cypress. Part number is CY7C68013A. It comes with its own driver which has a very nice user mode API you can use from your code, and you practically get the firmware needed for high speed transfers with it.

The embedded 8051 cpu can control the traffic but does not do the actual data transfer. The transfer is done through a dedicated high speed datapath and it can achieve the maximum practical USB transfer rate.

It can interface to other logic as a slave or as a master (programmable) with 8 or 16 bit parallel interface.

anat12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
CY7C68013A drivers are Mass storage.
How can you make them usb to parallel?

anat12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Perhaps mass storage drivers exist for the FX2, but CyUSB.sys driver and its CyAPI enable direct control of transfers to individual USB endpoints on the chip from within the application software. See this ref design:

https://www.cypress.com/design/RD1048

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back