Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB to JDM programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadcaster

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me!

I have been bought USB to Serial adapter but my JDM programmer doesn't work at my notebook. Some people said that USB port generate 5V, JDM programmer need 13V.
So.. how to build external power supply.
give me circuit diagram:

:|

better make a pikkit2 clone or buy a ready one for less than $35 on ebay...

**broken link removed**

broadcaster said:
Help me!

I have been bought USB to Serial adapter but my JDM programmer doesn't work at my notebook. Some people said that USB port generate 5V, JDM programmer need 13V.
So.. how to build external power supply.
give me circuit diagram:

:|

Even if your adapter is generating 13V it wont work as jdm programmer because the software uses bitbang of port pins for programming which cannot be done with usb to serial adapter.

Better go for a usb programmer

Nandhu

broadcaster said:
Help me! I have been bought USB to Serial adapter but my JDM programmer doesn't work at my notebook. Some people said that USB port generate 5V, JDM programmer need 13V. So.. how to build external power supply.
give me circuit diagram: :|
Instead using external 13 volts and converting the singal levels, i suggest to build a Pickit2 clone which directly works with the USB port.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.