Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Adaptor Issue, Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@alexan_e .. reperformed the test using your guideline ... IT WORKED... its still overloaded, but atleast i can see it's following ohm's law .... getting a difference of about 0.5V between the earlier setup and the current setup. ....

!!!THANKS!!!

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 ----------

added a capacitor across the adaptor ... 2200uF, .. not much difference (50mV)

@alexan_e .. reperformed the test using your guideline ... IT WORKED... its still overloaded, but atleast i can see it's following ohm's law .... getting a difference of about 0.5V between the earlier setup and the current setup. ....

!!!THANKS!!!

You measure a higher voltage but don't forger that the load resistance in that case is Rammeter+Rload so you can't use the 10 ohm in the equation anymore, it is probably closer to 11 ohm.
Can you remove the ammeter and use a 0.1 ohm resistor (about 1W or maybe 0.5W) in series with the load and then measure the voltage across that 0.1 ohm, you can calculate the current and see if you get better numbers.

Alex

@alexan_e .. yes ... right .... the result showed that the resistance should be around 12Ohms, which i assumed to be because of tolerance and ammeter resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.