Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Urgent ]CST higher meschcells is running my results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zA123

So far I was simulating my structure at around 800 000 meschcells , I am limited to 1000000 by the student version .
so 800 000 is still pretty high compared to my limit .
Then I re simulated at 900 000 and my results are drastically different . should they be that different ?
please help ...

Please provide more information. What are you simulating, TD, FD and post some pics and results...

sad;
Please provide more information. What are you simulating, TD, FD and post some pics and results...
sadly for agreement purposes I cannot send much info but I am simulating in time domain , and my structure gives the best results at a certain mesh point and the results start to get ruined onwards... does more mesh cells = more accuracy or there is a best mesch cell number compatible with each structure depending on the structure ?

The result should not depend on mesh size or number of mesh cells. Depending on your structure, you should start with a low mesh cell number and use adaptive meshing. The simulator will stop to increase mesh cell numbers as soon as results will be unchanged with a pre-specified error.

The result should not depend on mesh size or number of mesh cells. Depending on your structure, you should start with a low mesh cell number and use adaptive meshing. The simulator will stop to increase mesh cell numbers as soon as results will be unchanged with a pre-specified error.

I tried adaptive meshing but it didn't yield any effective results since the values on average of my S-parameters are not wrong as values but they face some reflection after a certain frequency , can this meshing be done by manual trials?

does more mesh cells = more accuracy

Yes! More mesh density = more accurate. If results break with higher mesh density, they are not real.

Maybe it would possible to use some kind of subgridding for the mesh. But it is hard to say what can help without knowing what you are simulating.

I guess the student version is just too limited to solve this problem accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back