Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updating PadsLayout with Orcad Netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have imported an orcad netlist to PadsLayout, and placed so many parts I wan t to know how to update my design with a newer orcad netlist. I also want to know if there is anyway to save a do file of my placement to prevent placeing each time, this can be done in specctra.
Thanks.

In Pads-Layout, under Tools, Compare/ECO, Browse (select .ASC filetype) select the netlist.asc and it will make a ECO file to import.
File, Import (file type to .eco)...
Be carfull, read the ECO first to see if it makes sense.
Good luck

You will more than likely receive an error using Orcads netlister - go to w*w.pcbstandards.com in the forum section - resources - you will find a netlister for Pads - follow the directions, the Orcad netlister ascii header is incorrect.

SiGiNT

hooman,
wich release of Or*Cad Cap*ture you use ? If you have a release 9xx, follow the instruction of Sigint.

If you have a release 10, no problem and follow the right info of Beepster, Skywalker.

Sigint,
are you sure ? I have asked a friend, he tell me header are ok, and no problem to generate netlist to Ca*p*ture 10.2 to Pa*ds La*y*out.

Skywlker.

Could be because we are still using Pads 5.1, but I don't think so, the file header from Orcad 10.2 simply says -

*PADS-PCB*

It should look more like -

!PADS-POWERPCB-V4.0-MILS! DESIGN DATABASE ASCII FILE 1.0

But, if it works, I wouldn't worry about it.

SiGiNT

Sigint,
after select pads*pcb.dll for netlist, then select in option 'create*pads*bga* netlist'.

Using or*cad 10.2 off course, the header are ok.

Try it and let me know, Skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back