Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unlocking a spectrum analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

me_super

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

we have a PSA E4443A spectrum analyzer, which covers 3 Hz - 6.7 GHz range. Several weeks ago I discovered that something is wrong after powering up, there was an error about NVRAM or something like that. And I discovered that our SA magically turned into different model, I was able to set span to 26 GHz. I checked the amplitude calibration using 8257D and it was ok. Right now the range is again limited to 6.7 GHz. Does anybody knows how to use that feature (without disconnecting a power cord for a few days)?
As far as I remember that device was purchased from an official dealer as a used unit after some refreshing.

Was it actually functioning above 6.7 GHz, or did it just seem that way? Did you generate a signal in that range and get a correct response?

Was it actually functioning above 6.7 GHz, or did it just seem that way? Did you generate a signal in that range and get a correct response?

It was fully functional. I was able to see signals above 6.7 GHz genrated by 8257D and I even tested gain of my amplifier around 8-9 GHz.

That's not to say it would go all the way up to 26 GHz, but it's certainly a plus. I'm afraid I don't have a clue as to what tricked it into loading the operating parameters of the wider-ranged version, which must have been in its memory somewhere.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Or perhaps the error you got the message about was a failure to read the upper-frequency limit into the operating software. That would make this a random, nonrepeatable event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back