Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unloaded Q simulation in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhul3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unloaded q

Want to know the unloaded Q by HFss simulation....

I can get the eigenmodes of the resonnator, but don't know how to get the unloaded Q. Cannot find it in the list.

The value of f0/BW(3db) is loaded Q, rt?
The calculation of g0g1/Δf from the prototype is also loaded Q, rt?
Any equation for unloaded Q?

Thanks.

unloaded q versus loaded q

I also want to know it.

abs hfss

Nobody knows this?

I have checked HFSS fullbook, but cannot find any clue, could anyone help?

Really want to make this clear.....

Appreciate any help.

unloaded q simulation

I see from the hfss help file: Qu=abs(f)/2/im(f)

Added after 8 minutes:

I have a problem:
when I simulate my cavity in eigenmode, the inner conductor and the shield are silver-plated, and the cavity is filled with air. Do I need to handly set each surface of the shield as silver boundary? If so,is there any convenient way to do it?

Thanks

unloaded q calculation

y99lx said:
I see from the hfss help file: Qu=abs(f)/2/im(f)

Added after 8 minutes:

I have a problem:
when I simulate my cavity in eigenmode, the inner conductor and the shield are silver-plated, and the cavity is filled with air. Do I need to handly set each surface of the shield as silver boundary? If so,is there any convenient way to do it?

Thanks

I am not sure whether I completely understand your meaning. IF you already defined the material (silver) for the inner and outer conductor of your cavity, why you need to set the surface? The surface is perfect E by default in HFSS, right?

q-simulation」

I want to know the unloaded Q, so I need set the actual boundary, not pec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back