Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

understand coil footprint dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin.kraouch

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please who can draw to me or give me the footprint of the coil **broken link removed** i have a doubt in understanding the dimension of the coil

The footprint diagram is on page 3 of the datasheet. What doubts do you have?

Keith.

they said that the dimension of the coil is 10.4x10.4 but in the layout recommendation they put 3.6x11 :(

You should consider the possibilty, that the room occupied by a component (the so-called courtyard) is larger than the rectangle enclosing the pads. In my opion, the datasheet is soooo obvious...

Correct. 10.4mm x 10.4mm is the dimension of the coil. The two pads shown at 11 x 3.6 are where you put the pads for the part to solder to. Normally you would create a footprint with the pads as shown in the drawing and then add a no-go area and silk screen to show the overall outline of the part.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Here is what it might look like

88_1331892209.gif

You can see the pads. The rectangular area is a "keepout" area. This inductor is slightly different to yours - it is a shielded rectangle rather than open.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back