Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrashort Gaussian pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

WUID

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I have simple assignment in MATLAB, where i need to take the Fourier transform of an very short Gaussian pulse and plot the intensity Vs frequency.
knowing the 1. lineshape of gaussian 2. Fourier of Gaussian is Gaussian,
I think all i need is to calculate with MATLAB the fft for this shape, but what with the scale of the axis.
by that I mean how to show the for a femtosecond pulse , the result of the transform is very wide Gaussian in frequency domain ?

Thx in advance,

for a femtosecond pulse , the result of the transform is very wide Gaussian in frequency domain ?
Obviously. The frequency scale will be set by the sampling interval. In so far there's no scaling problem.

The parameters of the fourier transformed gaussian pulse can be however reviewed in mathematical handbooks. So you can predict the result without performing a FT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back