Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra low power consumption 256Mb SPI memory for MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

please read the datasheet.
It´s not clear to me why you refer to the slowest data rate, then complain that it is slow...Why not choose faster conditions?
There are many "conditions" that affect the maximum or minumum write data rate.
* mode
* packet size
* SPI speed
* CS timing
* VHV voltage

But indeed it´s not important for me. It is important for you... to generate a useful Excel chart. To find a good solution.

Klaus

Thank you! I did. I made assessments based on worst case scenario. I found other flash memory which is similar in characteristics.

The other reason I don't go deeper into specs is that I don't understand all the things in there. In my experience, one has to build at least one working prototype to "feel" the characteristics. So, this is what I'm going to do now. I need it make it work with this memory first and then I'll understand better everything else.

Parts are on its way, so I'll try and see how it goes. I'm sure this will not be easy but who cares :)

Hi,

I don´t recommend the worst case scenario in the meaning of the "lowest datarate" you can find in the datasheet.
I´d at least look at the "high performance mode" ... it is much faster. Guaranteed fatster than 62kBytes/s.
And if you provide some programming voltage it will be even more faster.

Use the features the chip provides.

You won´t judge the speed of a race car with the speed it can go in first gear.
There are faster gears, so use it.

Klaus

I agree. I found some other memory IC's from other manufacturers which is a bit slower but the density is higher - up to 1 Gbit.
But again, the real writing speed will be determined from the prototype. For example, MSP430 only supports SPI 1 bit. I'm sure there will be other limitations which I can't know about due to lack of experience and knowledge. Damn, I don't even have a DMM yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.