Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Types of DC Generators - DC voltage with a flat 'waveform'

Status
Not open for further replies.

exorcisto

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
types of dc generators

I was wondering if anyone knew of a type of DC Generator that produces DC voltage with a flat 'waveform' much like a battery. I don't mean rectified AC using capacitors. I am looking for a single unit that when hooked to an oscilloscope I will get a flat line.

Types of DC Generators

First of all, a battery doesnt produce a straight line (although the curve is so subtle it will appear straight. On that note, see link **broken link removed** these are DC generators that function off of human interaction (such as being attached to the wheel of a stationary bike). This will produce a "flat line" as you call it as long as you can keep the input RPM at a constant level.

Re: Types of DC Generators

First of all, a battery doesnt produce a straight line
Why not? It does pretty good. If you connect e.g. a Li backup battery, it will maintain a constant voltage level within some mV drop for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.