Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tutorial import PADS Library for TSMC 65 nm (LEF FILES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deka87

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Moornig,

I'm a newbie in analog IC design and I have designed a layout for a analog circuit in TSMC 65 nm using Cadence IC 6. Now I want to complete the layout using a pads and sealring. From a Foundry I've downloaded a sealring (gds files) and I've inserted into layout. Regarding a pads, I've downloaded the files with the library, but I don't know how to import a files in cadence. The files are several tar.gz with different part name (e.g. apf, sef and vcn). I suppose that I must use a sef files because in the directory there is a lef files.

To summarize I want to import a lef files with the pads. Can someone help me?

Best Regards

LEF files is an abstract layout information containing pin and blockage definitions for place and route tools such an Encounter Digital Implementation System. LEF files does not contains full layout of a block. You need to import GDS files with pads layout into your IC6 library.
You can also import LEF in your library, use "File - Import LEF" menu. As the result the abstract view (not layout) for your cells will be imported.

Best regards,
Kuxx.

Thanks you for reply,but I've a issue because in tar files I haven't a gds files of the pads.

In that case you need to contact your PDK provider to get the necessary files or to discuss details of third party project merge.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back