Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TUSB3410 drivers source code and firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamdad

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

This TUSB3410 seems to be a nice USB-RS232 bridge, except for the point that TI does not provide the source code for the drivers and the firmware, only the binary images are provided :(, and not so many application examples are provided by TI...

does anyone have the source code for the drivers and the firmware for TUSB3410?

TIA
bamdad

tusb3410 boot device

bamdad,

The source code is available from TI, you have to sign a NDA and that’s all. No royalties, no costs … I think this is very good!

Mr_Programmer

tusb3410 boot device driver

Well,
That's gonna take way too much time, about a month, since I'm not in US :(
You know, I think that it's far more logical for them to provide the sourcecode or some application examples on their website, like other manufacturers which provide USB chips :(

tusb6250 boot device driver download

Next month, Elektor are publishing a project using the TUSB3210. I'm not sure just how similar the two parts are, so this may or may not be helpful to you.

Hope it is...

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

tusb3410 boot device download

Well, the strange point on all this TI devices is that the source codes for TUSB3210 is available from TI's website, but unfortunately, TUSB3410 is somewhat different, you know the application example for TUSB3210 uses HID, but TUSB3410 uses VCP :(

tusb6250 boot device driver

Bamdad,

for me it took less then 2 weeks!

tusb3410 driver

bamdad said:
Well, the strange point on all this TI devices is that the source codes for TUSB3210 is available from TI's website, but unfortunately, TUSB3410 is somewhat different, you know the application example for TUSB3210 uses HID, but TUSB3410 uses VCP :(

I think It's better , cause VCP (virtual Com Port) is managed like another COM port.... so, you read&write by USB like a COM port ... impressive isn't it ?

tusb3410 firmware

Well,
Yes, as you said, it's far easier to use the VCP, but I've encountered another problem, I've built a USB test module, and as far as I know, the board is working fine, since I can download the firmware to the board via the USB and the TI AppLoader Driver. The board is recognized as a TUSB3410 device, and the driver would add a COMM port, but when I try to use the port in, for example, the Hyper Terminal, it fails to open the comm port, and when I reconnect the port, the computer hangs when it tries to send the first byte to the port, any ideas on what's going wrong? does any one have any kind of experience with TUSB3410 EVM?

Thnx
Bamdad:)

tusb3410 driver download

Hello @all:

I have built the Multiprogrammer, which I found in Elektor 06/04, it works with the TUSB3210. That's my only programmer so I can't programm the onboard serial EEPROM and because of that I have to use the APPloader, but it doesn't work. When I plug the USB-connector in my PC it detects the programmer only as a HID-compatible Keyboard.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Hobby_E

download tusb3410 boot device

Hi

You know, you've got to ensure that:
1: The serial EEPROM on the EVM is disabled (remove the jumper) so that the board would not enumerate as an HID
2: remove the TI INF files which would enumrate the device as an HID (these drivers would download the keyboard EVM firmware and then enumerate as an HID)
3: After that, try to update the driver (with the OEMxxx.inf file located in the INF directory, xxx is a system generated number)

I have built the TUSB3410 EVM myself, and I have no problem with the APPLOADER driver....

BTW, does anyone have experience writing USB firmwares? what is the exact sequence for programming the system registers? any good source on this subject??

Thnx
Bamdad

driver tusb3410 boot device download

Hi,
I made the TUSB3410 GPIO EVM by my self. It looks to be woking fine on the PC end as VCP or TI AppLoader but the hardware end did not function mean Comport gives no respons VCP driver and when I upload my own program that LOW a port (P3.4) its output voltages moves updown 0~3.3V also the voltages at 1.8V point sart moving updown after software upload, without software upload (hardware-Reset) the 1.8V stable.
Any one working on this uC. I want to share experience on it. I am also intrested in TUSB6250.
Any type of help welcom (elektor project or source codes).
Thanks
Sadat

tusb6250 driver download

I think that maybe you have forgotten to disable the chip's WDT, since the on-chip firmware will leave it enabled.
another point, the USB-Serial firmware provided by TI did not work on my GPIO-EVM too, but my own did.

tusb3410 programming

Thanks
Problem was solved some how. But don't remember.
Any one have TUSB6250 original TI new source codes?
Thanks

Reactions: hadiaa

hadiaa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ti tusb example

and does anyone have the original TI codes for TUSB3410? I mean the codes for USB/RS232 bridge, not for the boot loader...

remove tusb3410 drivers

Hello every one, This is my first post on this board. I am very very new to the field of USB. I have got the samples fromt the TI. But Here in my town it is not possible to get the elektor magazine and I am not able to spend money on buying it from outside. So would any one please mail me the Whole Article "Multiprogrammer" from that magazine.

Thank you in advance. My email address is: electrojit@gmail.com

edaboard elektor usb programmer tusb

full source code is available with ti. you have to request them. and they will send through e-mail. it is having around 5 mb size

tusb3410 upload firmware

hey can somebody post the tusb3410 firmware source code here? I am a student and I can't register to get it.

Thanks.

Re: TUSB3410

Hi Guys,
I do explain my problem all the way,Here is:

I have my own board to using TUSB3410 and EEPROM on board to load the loader via I2C to 3410 .
I developed the Application on VB to get the data from my board.
I burned old(version) .bin file and also install driver (old version)on PC ,so far so good my communication is established and communicate ,but I read and write the data sometimes with error ,So I decide to update to new driver and new .bin file.

old driver was dual driver and the new driver is single driver ,so I can detect the chip but unfortunately I can not communicate with chip.

I am chatting with TI for almost 2 months and still we can not get the solution.
My guess is objects and methods of VB can not recognize the API of single driver ..

Please if you have any simple application that is working with single driver share with me I like to see the code of application ,to upgrade my code to appropriate code for established communication..
I am working on this problem almost 2 months and I have to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks in advance
Ashkan Golestani

Reactions: hadiaa

hadiaa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back