Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tuning Fabricated Microstrip Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocampo1

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am curious if there is a way to tune a FABRICATED microstrip circuit?

I sent my design (9GHz oscillator) to a fabrication company. After they build its prototype, would I still have a way to tune the prototype?

If the impedance of a microstrip line is not the same with the one you designed (and getting a missmatch loss), there is an option to place some matching networks at its ends, and tune the circuit to compensate for the missmatch loss.
The problem that you get in this situation, the circuit becomes narrow band.

It could be a way, if you have thought about it during design. For example, a common way to tune an open stub is to place some unconnected small open lines at the end of the stub. they can be connected later in the prototype to adjust the overall lenght of the stub.
Another way is using small copper lines that can be cut and attached to existing circuit.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

thank you guys for the tip! im still waiting for my prototype :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back