Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL Compatible IO from a FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgrm

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing cyclone iii devices with 5v ttl

Hi
I am starting a new design that requires a FPGA that can interface to 74hcxxx logic and also to microcontrollers such as the 80c51. I have being looking at using the Cyclone from Altera but see that it does not really support 5V IO. If you have used this or a similar device for 5v IO I would appreciate your comments

Thanks

David

Spartan 2/2E from Xilinx is 5V tolerant.

now most the fpga work with lvttl (3.3V), but xilinx and altera both provide application notes describling how to design the 5V interface circuits.

I have not found anything on the Altera or Xilinx sites, and it appears that the older parts that handle 5V are no longer for sale by them

why do not you use 3.3v peripheral device??

hi,
u can use APEX family(FPGA) from @ltera that has 5V input tolerant.
Or if u like to have additional chip named level translator it can convert 3.3V to 5 V and vise versa.this would be useful to make ur application very easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back