Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trouble with ADC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy_p

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using MPLAB IDE version 8.60 and CCS compiler for programming of microcontroller PIC18F4520. I have working code which I am using since last 1 year. But suddenly I am facing a weird problem from couple of days. When I am reprogramming the micro controller it is not functioning as expected. The same hardware is working fine with earlier controller which were programmed couple of months back.
I am using pickit3 and MCD2 for programming micro-controller. Even changed the PC too. I really don't understand what is going wrong.

I have used MCP3208 ADC for reading 8 different values and display it on 7 segment display.
During testing I found that when I am putting fixed value (anything in between 0 to 4095) manually, everything seems working fine.
But when I am reading from actual ADC, it gives error in functioning.
I have never faced this problem before.
Please advice.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for suggestions!!

I have re installed everything (CCS compiler as well as MPLAB IDE) and it starts working again!! Surprised Surprised

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.